Tuesday, April 21, 2009

East Coast Canoe & Kayaking Festival!!!

So After flying back to the East coast and adjusting to the low altitude for a bit I drove down to St James Island County Park (Charleston, SC for those who are lost geographically already) for the ECCKF from April 17-20. The festival was a blast and it was information overload. I had classes either in a classroom session or out on the water. I tried to spend a great deal of time on the water as I am seriously lacking in experience.

I really enjoyed my time there but ended up taking classes in a less than ideal order (as they were full the way I wanted to take them). I do feel like I managed to acquire a technique (since I didn’t have much of one before) and picked up some skills while there. Hopefully I can retain and refine them over the summer so I am ready to go. I realize I have a ways to go but I think it was a good way to get started (and sunburned).

Many thanks to my campmates, instructors and everyone at the festival for a sweet time!

-KB

No comments:

Post a Comment